THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR STUTTERING
The National Center For Stuttering was established in 1974. Its purposes have been, and remain, five-fold:
- To survey research and record clinical observations on stuttering.
- To use this information to generate a continuously evolving model of stuttering.
- To use this model to generate a model therapy.
- To test this model therapy with diverse populations of people who stutter.
- To take the results of such testing to develop ever more effective treatments.